Why You Need to Start Posting Reels on Instagram—Right Now!
When you make a plan to promote your brand, are you limiting yourself by not using all the platforms available to you to extend your reach and engage your followers? It’s easy to miss opportunities if you’re not keeping up to date on current trends and the latest research on what kind of posts are getting the most eyes—and the most return—on social media.
With that in mind, let’s talk about Reels.
Reels are short, looping video clips on Instagram. They are 15 to 60 seconds long and can include captions, music and creative editing. Similar to TikTok, most content is unpolished, humorous and off-the-cuff, making it more authentic to viewers.
• Short-form video content is the most in-demand type of social media content, according to the 2022 Sprout Social Index. Consumers can’t get enough of it.
• 20% of all Instagram activity takes place on Reels. And Instagram says they plan to prioritize video content in 2022, potentially boosting that percentage.
• Instagram has a 1.5% engagement rate for video posts. 1.5% may not seem like much, but most social media marketing experts agree that between 1% and 5% is a good engagement rate.
• On average, Reels see 300 to 800 likes per post, whereas an IGTV or an in-feed video get 100 to 200 likes.
• Meta reports that up to 675.3 million users can be reached with ads on Instagram Reels.
• 91% of active Instagram users watch videos on IG weekly, so having a video marketing strategy is crucial.
Feeling overwhelmed with all the new ways to promote your brand for maximum effect? Reach out and we can find the strategy that will work best for you.